Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Pattern in Fat Quarterly!!

I am so lucky and happy to share with you my About to Burst quilt pattern I designed for Fat Quarterly's January Issue!


Secret sewing is definitely the hardest! It's been in my studio for months and I haven't gotten to share it with you. Finally here it is, a simple paper pieced block with pieced scraps in the making diamond star bursts that seem to literally explode out of the monochrome background grid.


It's a great way to use up scraps and small bits of fabrics and organize them by color.



I used Amy Butler's Belle line in large swaths for the back along with large doses of the line throughout the pieced bursts on the front. A small version of the fan block from the front, along with a strip of grey houndstooth and same for the binding. I just love the orange and teal blues together with the grey to keep it grounded.

 You can get all the details and instructions along with helpful tips and photos at Fat Quarterly. You can also download pre-colored paper pieced foundation papers here if you'd like to stay with my same color scheme.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Shannon! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that quilt is unbelievable! I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete

Little notes and thoughtful thoughts are always welcome.